I was visiting a well known supermarket with a reputation for high quality foods and I noticed a little bircher breakfast pot which had 9.5g protein per 270 calorie serving.
I was really curious to see what my £2.00 got and after trying it, I wondered if I could make something similar with ingredients I had at home for less money.
I’m delighted to say I did and this is it. My homemade pot came to £1.49, 347 calories and a whopping 19g of protein without using any whey supplements.
You could make this ahead of time or throw it together quickly in the morning. It’s super quick to make!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|50ml||semi skimmed milk|
|100g||0% fat greek yogurt|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Wash the apple before grating it into a bowl.
- Add the muesli, milk, Cadbury highlights drinking chocolate and yogurt to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Sir in half of the fruit and seeds.
- Top the bowl with the remaining fruit and seeds before serving!
- Feel free to swap the muesli for jumbo oats.
- I used the orange and chocolate seed shot from Whitworths, but you can use any flavour.
- This is great to make in advance and should keep in the fridge for 48 hours.