I do love pulled pork, but that requires a lovely fatty piece of pork cooked slow and low.
This is the next best thing but made with a chicken breast and it’s totally lean!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||46 g||onions, chopped||95 g||cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters||365 g||new potatoes, hand cut into fries||1 tsp||cajun seasoning||6 g||olive oil||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||25 g||franks hot sauce||149 g||broccoli||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line 2 baking sheets with non stick foil.
- To one baking sheet add your potato wedges or chips and to the other add your chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the cajun seasoning and put both baking sheets into the oven to bake.
- When the chips and chicken are cooked to your liking (the chicken will be firm to the touch when cooked), remove them from the oven.
- Steam your broccoli to your liking and set aside.
- Make a chunky salsa using the tomato, onion, garlic, chopped coriander and olive oil.
- Season to taste and add it to your plate along with your chips/wedges and broccoli.
- Chop the chicken into bite size cubes and pop them into a bowl and coat with Franks Hot Sauce.
- It’s quite a peppery sour sauce that really compliments the cajun spices, and to be honest makes a nice change from sweet chilli sauce!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Franks Hot sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For anyone following older BC plans, I have used Franks Hot sauce in place of sweet chilli sauce. The macros are much less for Franks sauce.