Sometimes something as simple as chicken and salad is all you want, but it doesn’t have to be boring!
Adding some spices to the chicken and pairing it with some home made guacamole is lovely.
Remember that spices doesn’t necessarily mean heat, just added flavour to bring out the best in the chicken.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||1 tsp||smoked paprika||1/2 tsp||ground cumin||1/2 tsp||turmeric||6 g||olive oil||95 g||cherry tomatoes||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||0.5||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||0.5||garlic clove, crushed||1||lime, juice only||80 g||avocado||149 g||iceberg lettuce||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||salt and pepper|
- Put a medium frying pan onto a medium heat.
- Add the smoked paprika, ground cumin, turmeric to a bowl along with the olive oil and a little salt.
- Coat the chicken in the spice mix before adding to the frying pan and cover with a lid.
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes before finely chopping the remaining tomato.
- Mash the avocado and then add the chopped spring onion, finely chopped tomato, crushed garlic, sliced chilli, the chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime.
- Check the chicken and turn over.
- Give the guacamole a good mix and set aside.
- After around 10 minuted the chicken should be cooked, the chicken will be firm to the touch when ready.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the heat and allow it to rest for a few minutes while you plate up.
- Tear the iceberg in half to make 2 shallow bowls.
- Arrange the halves onto a plate and fill one half with the guacamole and place the chicken in the other half.
- Add the reduced fat sour cream to the guacamole and give the chicken a quick squeeze of lime to finish.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- If your avocado isn’t quite ripe, place it in a fruit bowl with some bananas. It should be ready the following day!
- Adding the lime juice will help to stop the guacamole discolouring if you don’t use it straight away.