I love a chicken burger but for me a chicken burger is more than just a chicken breast in a bun with some ketchup and lettuce! I made these burger stacks in a matter of minutes and they were fresh, tasty and unlike any other chicken burger you’re likely to order!
Ingredients for 2 servings
|400g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks|
|1/2 inch||fresh ginger|
|15g||sriracha hot sauce|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Take your food mixer and blend the spring onion and fresh ginger together until finely chopped.
- Add the chicken breast chunks and blend until the chicken resembles mince.
- Now add a little seasoning to taste before adding the breadcrumbs and egg to the blender and give the mixture a final blitz to bring all the ingredients together.
- Using damp hands shape the burgers and depending on the amount of mixture you use, you should be able to get around 6 patties out of the mixture.
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Gently cook the burger patties on both sides until cooked through.
- Arrange your lettuce onto a plate along with the avocado.
- Add your burger stack and drizzle with a tablespoon of the sriracha hot sauce.
- I use panko breadcrumbs because they are really light, but you can use fresh instead.
- If you find sriracha hot sauce too hot, then use something you’re comfortable with.
- Batch prepare the patties and freeze other portions for another day.