I love a chicken burger but for me a chicken burger is more than just a chicken breast in a bun with some ketchup and lettuce!
I made these burger stacks in a matter of minutes and they were fresh, tasty and unlike any other chicken burger you’re likely to order!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|400 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||70 g||spring onion||1/2 inch||fresh ginger||20 g||panko breadcrumbs||1||whole egg||15 g||olive oil||70 g||avocado||60 g||lettuce||15 g||sriracha hot sauce||salt and pepper|
- Take your food mixer and blend the spring onion and fresh ginger together until finely chopped.
- Add the chicken breast chunks and blend until the chicken resembles mince.
- Now add a little seasoning to taste before adding the breadcrumbs and egg to the blender and give the mixture a final blitz to bring all the ingredients together.
- Using damp hands shape the burgers and depending on the amount of mixture you use, you should be able to get around 6 patties out of the mixture.
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Gently cook the burger patties on both sides until cooked through.
- Arrange your lettuce onto a plate along with the avocado.
- Add your burger stack and drizzle with a tablespoon of the sriracha hot sauce.
- I use panko breadcrumbs because they are really light, but you can use fresh instead.
- If you find sriracha hot sauce too hot, then use something you’re comfortable with.
- Batch prepare the patties and freeze other portions for another day.