Freshly made pancakes are delicious and really simple.
Treat someone to a pancake stack today!
This is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 4 servings
|self raising flour
|baking powder (approx 1 tsp)
|semi skimmed milk
- Place the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix together.
- Crack the egg into the bowl and pour in the milk before whisking until the batter is smooth.
- Pour in the melted butter and add half of the blueberries and gently stir.
- Place a large frying pan onto a medium heat and add a couple of sprays of oil.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the pan to the size you like them.
- When you start to see little air holes appearing in the tops of the pancakes, carefully turn them over with a spatula to cook the other side.
- Repeat until you’ve used all your batter.
- Stack your pancakes onto the plate and scatter with the remaining blueberries and drizzle them with your syrup of choice!
- You’ll notice that unlike some pancake recipes, there is no sugar in the pancake batter. You can keep the calories down by using a low calorie syrup instead of maple or golden syrup.
- Feel free to mix up the fruit!