Freshly made pancakes are delicious and really simple. Treat someone to a pancake stack today!
Ingredients for 2 servings
|200g||self raising flour|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|300ml||semi skimmed milk|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Place the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix together.
- Crack the egg into the bowl and pour in the milk before whisking until the batter is smooth.
- Pour in the melted butter and add half of the blueberries and gently stir.
- Place a large frying pan onto a medium heat and add a couple of sprays of oil.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the pan to the size you like them.
- When you start to see little air holes appearing in the tops of the pancakes, carefully turn them over with a spatula to cook the other side.
- Repeat until you’ve used all your batter.
- Stack your pancakes onto the plate and scatter with the remaining blueberries and drizzle them with your syrup of choice!
- You’ll notice that unlike some pancake recipes, there is no sugar in the pancake batter. You can keep the calories down by using a low calorie syrup instead of maple or golden syrup.
- Feel free to mix up the fruit!