A big salad filled with fresh and crispy salad leaves, juicy chicken and a good serving of my favourite slaw packed with the good stuff is always a joy to eat!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|150 g||chicken thighs, boneless and skinless||52 g||peppers, cut into strips||1/2 tsp||dried cumin||1/2 tsp||smoked paprika||12 g||extra virgin olive oil||50 g||quick draw slaw||50 g||watercress||50 g||rocket||35 g||cheddar cheese, grated||45 g||reduced fat sour cream||15 g||sriracha hot sauce||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Arrange the chicken thighs onto the baking sheet and sprinkle the spices on both sides with a little salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the strips of peppers to the baking tray and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Turn the thighs over and bake for a further 5-8 minutes, or until you are happy that they are cooked through. They will be firm to the touch.
- Arrange your salad leaves onto your plate and drizzle with the oil before adding a portion of the quick draw slaw.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the oven and cut them into strips before adding to them to the plate along with the peppers.
- Top with the sriracha hot sauce along with the grated cheddar and reduced fat sour cream.
- You’ll notice that I don’t add any oil to the thighs when baking. They’re higher in fat than chicken breast so there’s no need to add more fats at this stage.
- I like to have my quick draw slaw in the fridge to add to salads as it’s packed full of great stuff to improve gut health.
- Why not prepare an extra portion of chicken for the following day to save time!
- I like to add a dash of smoked paprika to my reduced fat sour cream.