OK, level with me. When was the last time you made enchiladas without a kit? Never? Well let’s change that. It’s so simple to get those flavours you’re so familiar with and not resort to buying something with sauce pouches. This recipe is one of those that’s great prepared in advance and left in the fridge. Trust me!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|95g||chopped tomatoes, blended until smooth|
|39g||cheddar cheese, grated|
|2 tsp||smoked paprika|
|1/2||garlic clove, chopped or crushed|
|43ml||sweet chilli sauce|
|149g||mixed salad leaves|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line an oven proof dish with non stick foil.
- Arrange your chicken breasts in the dish and cover with the peppers.
- Pour your blended tomatoes into a bowl along with the water, garlic, smoked paprika, olive oil and sweet chilli sauce.
- Give the tomato emulsion a good mix before seasoning it to taste and mix again.
- Carefully pour the tomato emulsion over the chicken, top with the grated cheddar and cover the oven proof dish with a little foil. This is to stop the tomato from drying out.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes and check to see if the chicken is cooked through. It will be firm to the touch when ready.
- Arrange your salad leaves onto your plate and carefully place your oven proof dish onto the plate.
- I hope you’re ready!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Passata would work really well with this recipe.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!