When it gets to Friday or Saturday night, I like to have something a little special to eat.
It gives me the feeling of eating out, but knowing that everything I’ve made is lean!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|175 g||extra lean beef mince||46 g||onions, finely chopped||48 g||cauliflower made into cauliflower rice||6 g||olive oil||1||garlic clove||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||10 g||fresh coriander||2 tsp||medium curry powder||200 ml||water||149 g||mixed salad leaves||3||whole eggs||3||egg whites||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||1||lemon slice||salt and pepper|
- Take 2 frying pans, one for your samosa filling and the other for the egg wraps.
- Add your oil to the samosa filling pan and before adding anything take a pastry brush and dip it into the oil and brush it over the egg wrap pan.
- Whisk the whole eggs with the egg whites and pour into the frying pan to make a large pancake.
- When you can see the egg has set, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all of your egg mix.
- Put the samosa filling frying pan onto a medium heat, add the oil, minced beef and sprinkle the curry powder over the mince.
- Slowly start to colour the mince.
- Then put the onion, cauliflower, garlic, chilli and coriander stalks only (saving the leaves) into a mini food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- When the mince has been browning for 5 or so minutes, add the chopped mix to the pan and allow to cook out for 10 or so minutes.
- Add the water and allow to simmer for at least 15-20 minutes so that the cauliflower is cooked and the liquid evaporates.
- Pre heat a nonstick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Take your egg wrap, place some mixture into the centre and roll. Pop the wrapped samosa mix into a pan to colour the egg, you won’t need to add oil and this should only take a couple of minutes.
- Carefully turn to colour the other side and pop onto a plate with your salad leaves.
- Chop the coriander leaves and mix with the reduced fat sour cream and either serve on top or on the side with a lemon slice.
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- The flavour of your samosa filling will be much more intense if you make this the day before.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make egg wraps!
- Please note that just using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white I have made an egg wrap using a pan with a 22cm diameter.
Find me on: Web