Believe it or not, some days I don’t want cheese, no really!
So when I made this dish I wanted a spicy wrap and this definitely delivered.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, cut into thin strips||52 g||peppers, sliced||46 g||onions, sliced||3||whole eggs||3||egg whites||6 g||olive oil||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||149 g||mixed salad leaves||1 tsp||smoked paprika||1/2 tsp||chilli flakes||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||1 tsp||cayenne pepper||1 tbsp||water||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||1||lime, juice only|
- Take 2 frying pans, one for your chicken and the other for the egg wraps.
- Add your oil to the chicken pan and before adding anything take a pastry brush and dip it into the oil and brush it over the egg wrap pan.
- Whisk the whole eggs with the egg whites and pour into the frying pan to make a large pancake.
- Sprinkle some of the dried chilli over the egg and leave to cook.
- When you can see the egg has set, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all of your egg mix.
- Put the other oiled pan on to a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for approx 4 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onion and continue to cook until the vegetables have softened a little.
- Add the garlic and chillies, give the ingredients a good stir before adding the dried spices and give everything a good stir to coat the ingredients with the spices.
- Add the tablespoon of water at this point as the pan is likely to be a little dry.
- When you’re happy the chicken is cooked (it should be firm to the touch when ready) pop your chicken into a bowl and serve with your salad, sour cream and egg wraps.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- Please note that just using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white I have made an egg wrap using a pan with a 22cm diameter.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make egg wraps!
Find me on: Web