I’m trying to show my sons that not everything comes from a supermarket so this morning I baked these simple and delicious shortbread biscuits with them. They love baking!
Ingredients for 12 servings
|80g||golden caster sugar|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
Approximate calories per serving : 178
- Put the butter and 70g of sugar into a food mixer and cream together for a couple of minutes.
- Add the flour to the mixer and mix again until the flour resembles breadcrumbs.
- Line a small ovenproof dish or baking tray with baking parchment (mine is approximately 26 x 19cm).
- Pour the crumbly mixture into the baking tray and flatten with your hands until smooth.
- Cover the tray with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes or pop it into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C fan/400°F.
- Remove the cling film and lightly pierce the surface with a fork and sprinkle over the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the biscuit is starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and using a knife cut the shortbread into slices while it’s still warm.
- Allow the shortbread to completely cool in the tin before removing it.
- Using the baking parchment, gently lift the shortbread out of the baking tray and resist the urge to eat it all at once!
- The shortbread will keep for approximately 7 days in an airtight container – if it lasts that long that is!
- You can refrigerate the mixture but my boys wanted biscuits so I used the freezer with great sucess!