Reduced carb or rest day meals don’t have to be all about courgetti or broccoli rice.
A lovely vegetable packed stir fry can take on such wonderful flavours and it’s amazing the number of combinations of spices to vegetables you can come up with.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|176 g||sirloin steak||95 g||babycorn||95 g||courgette, cut into half moons||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1 inch||piece of ginger||500 ml||boiling water||6 g||coconut oil||1-2 tsp||Thai 7 spice mix||2 tbsp||hot water||51 g||Thai curry paste, I used red for this recipe||24 g||cashews||149 g||green beans||salt and pepper|
- Take a medium frying pan and pop it onto the heat.
- After a couple of minutes pop in the cashew nuts to toast.
- Keep a close eye on them and move them around to toast and be careful not to burn them (it’s so easy to do!!)
- When they’re toasted, pop them into a bowl and set aside for later.
- Using the same pan, add your boiling water and throw in the green beans for a few minutes to soften.
- You don’t want to cook them through as they’re going to be double cooked, so take them out of the pan before you would normally, drain and set the beans aside.
- Cut your steak into thin strips and then pop them into a bowl.
- Coat the steak strips with the Thai 7 spice mix and thoroughly mix.
- Pop your frying pan back onto the heat to dry and when dry add the coconut oil.
- Start to stir fry the beef.
- Depending on how ‘cooked’ you like your steak will depend on how long you cook it for, so my advice is to slightly under cook it and remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the ginger into small thin batons and add them to the pan along with the garlic.
- Continue to stir fry the garlic and ginger until they have softened a little.
- Next add the babycorn and courgettes.
- Give everything a good mix and cover with a lid to allow the vegetables to steam for a few minutes.
- Take the lid off and add the green beans to the pan along with the Thai curry paste and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Turn the heat up and give everything a good mix to coat everything with the curry paste and when it starts to bubble and thicken it’s almost ready.
- Add the beef back to the pan, give everything a good stir and pop everything onto your plate.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, baby corn has been approved for used in place of carrots.
- For anyone following older BC plans, baby corn has been approved for use in place of courgettes.
- Keep your steak lean by trimming all visible fat.