A sandwich and bag of crisps for lunch wasn’t unusual for me, but if I’m honest the sandwiches I’d pick were nothing like this sandwich.
If your bread is good and you honour it with a good quality filling, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t enjoy a sandwich as much as you would a ‘proper’ meal.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||3||slices of bread||52 g||peppers, cut into strips||46 g||onions, chopped||2 tsp||cajun spice mix||1 tsp||dried chilli flakes||6 g||coconut oil||0.5||lime, juice only||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||salad leaves|
- Butterfly the chicken to create thinner chicken breast pieces.
- Coat the chicken slices with the cajun spices and set aside.
- Put a frying pan a medium heat with coconut oil and add the onions.
- Soften them for a few minutes before adding the dried chilli flakes and chicken.
- Brown the chicken on both sides and because the slices are thin it shouldn’t take long for them to cook.
- When the chicken is firm to the touch it’s cooked through.
- Pour the lime juice over the chicken and remove from the heat.
- Take your first slice of bread and pop it on the plate, add some salad leaves, peppers and top with chicken.
- Add the next slice of bread, and repeat but add a dollop of sour cream before topping with the 3rd slice of bread.
- For anyone following older BC plans and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.