Sometimes you want something sweet, a pudding perhaps and you can rustle this up in just a couple of minutes!
It’s also self-saucing too so it really feels like you’re having a pudding!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|30 g||whey protein powder, chocolate flavour||1/2 tsp||cocoa powder||1 g||baking powder (about two pinches)||1||egg white||2 tbsp||semi skimmed milk||30 g||strawberries|
- Add the whey powder, cocoa and baking powder to a bowl.
- In a jug or separate bowl whisk the egg white with the milk until frothy.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk to form the cake batter.
- Place the strawberries into a bowl and crush them with a fork before placing them in the bottom of a mug.
- Top the strawberries with the batter and place in your microwave.
- The length of time you cook your mug cake depends on the power of your own microwave.
- My microwave is 700w and I cooked this for a minute before checking and then cooking for a further 15 seconds.
- Ideally you want the batter to be 3/4 cooked so that the cake texture is still spongey and that the bottom of the cake is still gooey giving you a lovely sauce.
- I use MyProtein Natural Chocolate flavour whey powder as it’s not too sweet.
- Make sure you use a level measure of baking powder, not heaped as this will affect the flavour of your mug cake.
- For this recipe I used the egg white from a medium egg and saved the egg yolk for another recipe (I hate waste!).
- I used Bournville Cocoa powder, but feel free to use cacao. Just don’t use sweetened drinking chocolate.