You have to make this! It’s a high protein version of a chocolate fondant (cake with a gooey centre). A total game changer! And what’s better is that it takes less than 5 minutes to make!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|30g||whey protein powder, chocolate flavour|
|1 tsp||cocoa powder|
|2 pinches||baking powder|
|60ml||semi skimmed milk|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Take a mug and add the whey powder, cocoa and baking powder.
- Thoroughly mix the powders together before adding the milk and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Add 30g of blueberries and set aside the remaining blueberries for later.
- Gently stir in the blueberries and pop the cup into your microwave.
- The length of time you cook your mug cake depends on the power of your own microwave.
- My microwave is 700w and I cooked this for a 50 seconds before checking and then cooking for a further 10 seconds.
- Ideally you want the batter to be 3/4 cooked so that the cake texture is still spongey and that the bottom of the cake is still gooey giving you a lovely sauce.
- Top your mug cake with the remaining blueberries and enjoy!
- I use MyProtein Natural Chocolate flavour whey powder as it’s not too sweet.
- You can make this recipe with milk alternatives. Personally I’ve used semi skimmed milk and almond milk with very similar results.
- I’ve given you the measurement for the baking powder in pinches as you don’t need much and too much will result in a tough texture.
- I used Bournville Cocoa powder, but feel free to use cacao. Just don’t use sweetened drinking chocolate.