You have to make this!
It’s a high protein version of a chocolate fondant (cake with a gooey centre).
A total game changer!
And what’s better is that it takes less than 5 minutes to make!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|whey protein powder, chocolate flavour
|baking powder (about two pinches)
|semi skimmed milk
- Take a mug and add the whey powder, cocoa and baking powder.
- Thoroughly mix the powders together before adding the milk and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Add 30g of blueberries and set aside the remaining blueberries for later.
- Gently stir in the blueberries and pop the cup into your microwave.
- The length of time you cook your mug cake depends on the power of your own microwave.
- My microwave is 700w and I cooked this for a 50 seconds before checking and then cooking for a further 10 seconds.
- Ideally you want the batter to be 3/4 cooked so that the cake texture is still spongey and that the bottom of the cake is still gooey giving you a lovely sauce.
- Top your mug cake with the remaining blueberries and enjoy!
- I use MyProtein Natural Chocolate flavour whey powder as it’s not too sweet.
- You can make this recipe with milk alternatives. Personally I’ve used semi skimmed milk and almond milk with very similar results.
- I’ve given you the measurement for the baking powder in pinches as you don’t need much and too much will result in a tough texture.
- I used Bournville Cocoa powder, but feel free to use cacao. Just don’t use sweetened drinking chocolate.