I love a burger but in the last few weeks when I’ve gone out for a post hiit burger and fries I’ve started to forego the bun.
If the burger tastes that good you don’t need the bread!
Let the burger do all the talking and savour the fries!
This has to be my most popular burger recipe so far!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|218 g||extra lean beef mince||273 g||potatoes, cut into chunky fries or wedges||46 g||onions, sliced||52 g||peppers, sliced||6 g||olive oil||1/2 tsp||garlic granules||1/2 tsp||onion powder||1/2 tsp||smoked paprika||1 tsp||dried thyme||6||pickled jalepeno slices||1 tbsp||Walden Farm thick & spicy bbq sauce||149 g||broccoli||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Put your cut fries or wedges in a bowl, add half of the oil with a sprinkle of salt and give them a good mix.
- Pop in the oven to bake until golden brown – depending on how thick you’ve cut them they could take 30-40 minutes.
- Put the mince into a bowl, add the thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- With your hands give the mince a good mix, cover with clingfilm and pop back in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan add the other half of the oil, start cooking the peppers and onion.
- Take your burger mix out of the fridge and using wet hands start shaping your burgers.
- Flatten the meat and push a couple of jalepeno slices in the middle and conceal them with some meat.
- You should get at least 2 patties out of the mix.
- Add them to the pan with peppers and onion and gently cook through.
- Depending on how thick you make your burgers, they could take 4 minutes per side.
- When the burgers are firm to the touch they are done!
- Steam your broccoli to your liking and plate up.
- Add the burgers, fries or wedges, peppers and onion to the plate, add a dollop of BBQ sauce and get stuck in!
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Walden Farm sauces may still be used as they don’t contain any calories or add any nutritional value, just flavour.
- The pickled jalapeno slices I use contain no added sugar.
- Batch prepare the patties and freeze other portions for another day.