I love chicken and noodles, noodles and chicken. Add the Thai flavours to the mix and I’m in heaven! Prepare to make this recipe again and again!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|95g||babycorn, cut in half|
|28g||Thai green curry paste|
|1 tbsp||mild curry powder|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to °C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Take your chicken breast and coat it with the curry powder, place it on the baking sheet and bake it for approx 20 minutes until it’s cooked through.
- Take a pan of boiling water and cook the noodles according to the manufacturers instructions.
- When they’re cooked, add a dash of cold water to stop them over cooking, drain and set aside.
- Take a frying pan and pop it onto the heat along with the coconut oil.
- Add the mushrooms and babycorn and stir fry for a few minutes until they start to soften a little.
- Add the Chinese leaf and pop the lid on for a minute to allow them to steam before removing the lid and adding the Thai curry paste and the water.
- Give the vegetables a thorough mix and allow them to cook for another minute to help thicken the sauce.
- Check the chicken to see if it’s cooked, it will be firm to the touch when ready.
- Remove it from the oven and set it aside.
- When the vegetables are coated in the silky sauce, pop them onto a plate along with the noodles.
- Slice the chicken breast into chunks and arrange it on top of the vegetables and get ready to eat!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, baby corn has been approved for used in place of carrots.
- For anyone following older BC plans baby corn has been approved for use in place of courgettes.
- If you don’t have Thai green curry paste, you can use red if that’s what you have.
- This recipe can also be made using straight to wok noodles. Adjust the amount according to your dietary needs.