Pie? Did someone say pie? Did someone say gluten free pie? Oh yes!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||46 g||onions, diced||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||0.5||chicken stock cube||100 ml||boiling water||6 g||olive oil||273 g||potatoes, grated||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||broccoli||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Boil your water and dissolve half of the stock cube in it and set it aside for later.
- Add your oil to a frying pan and heat while you mix your grated potato with the onion and a little seasoning.
- Arrange the potato mix into the frying pan and flatten it down with a spatula.
- Let this cook on one side to form a crust before turning it over.
- When the second side has formed a crust, gently move the rosti onto the baking sheet and bake it until cooked through – this should only take around 10 minutes as the roost is part cooked.
- Steam the broccoli to your liking.
- Put the frying pan back onto the heat and add the chicken.
- When the chicken is part cooked, add the mushrooms and stir fry for a few minutes before adding 25ml of the chicken stock.
- This is going to deglaze the pan and keep the chicken juicy.
- Continue to cook the chicken until the stock had reduced by half before stirring through the reduced fat sour cream and turn the heat off when incorporated so as not to leave the chicken dry.
- Arrange the chicken and mushroom pie filling in a ceramic dish and top with the rosti from the oven.
- Serve your pie with the steamed broccoli and take it slow!
- In the method you’re only going to need approximately 25ml of stock so don’t be tempted to pour it all in.
- I like to use low salt stock cubes.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!