It’s no secret that I enjoy my food, but what you’ve also noticed is that I’ve found many ways to enjoy previously ‘off limits’ food, guilt free!
Give my crispy baked chicken a try and I promise you’ll make it over and over again.
This recipe requires a little extra time to marinate the chicken, but it’s definitely worth it!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|300 g||chicken thighs, boneless and skinless||35 g||greek yogurt, full fat||2 tsp||cayenne pepper||2 tsp||smoked paprika||46 g||onions, chopped||10 g||extra virgin olive oil||olive oil spray||100 g||panko breadcrumbs||130 g||babycorn||100 g||peppers, cut into strips||150 g||Chinese leaf||43 ml||soy sauce||75 g||cholula hot sauce||30 g||butter||salt and pepper|
- Place the greek yogurt into a bowl along with the dried spices and a sprinkle of salt.
- Thoroughly mix everything together before adding the chicken and make sure the chicken is well coated.
- Leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but if you can leave it for longer, the chicken will be more succulent.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Add the panko breadcrumbs to a plate and carefully coat both sides of the chicken before placing it onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the chicken has been coated with the breadcrumbs.
- Take the olive oil spray and spray each piece of chicken once with just one spray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, there’s no need to turn it during cooking.
- When you’re happy that the chicken is cooked through turn the oven off but leave the door slightly open while you stir fry your veggies.
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat and add the olive oil.
- Cut the Chinese leaf into large chunks before adding them to the pan with the baby corn, chopped onion and peppers.
- Stir fry these for a few minutes before adding the soy sauce to season them.
- When the vegetables are cooked to your liking remove them from the heat.
- Take a small sauce pan, add the cholula hot sauce and butter.
- Pop these onto a medium heat and after a couple of minutes the butter should have melted and the most wonderful sauce is ready!
- Arrange the stir fried vegetables onto your plate alongside the crispy coasted chicken.
- Take a spoon and drizzle the buttery hot sauce over the chicken and prepare to be wowed!
- I have made this recipe using kefir instead of greek yogurt in the marinade with great success!
- I prefer to marinate the chicken overnight as this results in the most succulent chicken.
- I wouldn’t recommend you use any other type of breadcrumbs as panko are really light and work really well baked.
- I dare you to make a double portion this dish is so delicious!