Here’s a lovely and simple recipe, ideal for preparing in advance for quick lunches or dinner on the move that doesn’t need reheating.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||1/4 tsp||dried oregano||66 g||mozzarella, torn into medium pieces||6 g||olive oil||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||mixed salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and add your chicken breast with a little sprinkle of salt.
- Pop a lid on and leave the chicken for a few minutes to cook on one side.
- Place the mozzarella into a bowl along with your olive oil, oregano and season to taste.
- Give the mozzarella a good mix and leave it to marinate.
- Check the chicken and turn it over.
- Arrange your salad leaves onto your pate, arrange the tomatoes and spring onion and set aside.
- Check the chicken and turn it over again. At this point your chicken should be almost cooked.
- When you’re happy the chicken is cooked through, it will be firm to the touch when ready.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, pop it onto a chopping board and leave it for a couple of minutes to rest before cutting it into slices and arranging it on top of your salad.
- Add the marinated mozzarella to the plate and drizzle the sweet chilli sauce over the chicken.
- Now, how quick was that?
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For a salad I prefer to use buffalo mozzarella.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!