Dinner ready in 20 minutes? This is all you need to make this recipe from very few ingredients!
Ingredients for 2 servings
|200g||chicken breast, cut into chunks|
|200g||peeled raw king prawns|
|200g||leeks, cut into 5mm pieces|
|125g||creme fraiche, half fat|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Put a pan of boiling water onto the heat and cook your pasta according to the manufactures instructions.
- Take a medium frying pan, put it on a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and leeks to the pan and stir fry.
- Put a lid onto the pan to cook the chicken and when you’re happy that the chicken is almost cooked through add the prawns to the pan.
- Cover the pan to steam the prawns and finish cooking the chicken.
- Take the lid off and add the creme fraiche to the pan.
- At this stage feel free to add a spoon or two of the pasta water if you feel the pan is looking a little dry.
- When the creme fraiche has thickened, remove the pan from the heat and season to taste.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the frying pan and toss the pasta into the creamy sauce.
- Serve with a lovely green salad!
- I told you it was a quick one!
- Feel free to use any pasta shape. I used shells because I’m always giving them to my sons and I wanted them for a change!
- Bacon would be a lovely addition to this sauce!