Dinner ready in 20 minutes? This is all you need to make this recipe from very few ingredients!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|200 g||chicken breast, cut into chunks||200 g||peeled raw king prawns||200 g||leeks, cut into 5mm pieces||150 g||dried pasta||125 g||creme fraiche, half fat||15 g||olive oil||salt and pepper|
- Put a pan of boiling water onto the heat and cook your pasta according to the manufactures instructions.
- Take a medium frying pan, put it on a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and leeks to the pan and stir fry.
- Put a lid onto the pan to cook the chicken and when you’re happy that the chicken is almost cooked through add the prawns to the pan.
- Cover the pan to steam the prawns and finish cooking the chicken.
- Take the lid off and add the creme fraiche to the pan.
- At this stage feel free to add a spoon or two of the pasta water if you feel the pan is looking a little dry.
- When the creme fraiche has thickened, remove the pan from the heat and season to taste.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the frying pan and toss the pasta into the creamy sauce.
- Serve with a lovely green salad!
- I told you it was a quick one!
- Feel free to use any pasta shape. I used shells because I’m always giving them to my sons and I wanted them for a change!
- Bacon would be a lovely addition to this sauce!