I’m definitely a pasta lover and I like to try different pasta shapes.
You wouldn’t think that the shape of dried pasta can affect a dish, but these lovely ribbons were a perfect accompaniment to this dish and the sauce clung to the ribbons beautifully!
I do occasionally like a creamy sauce but this version is light and lean.
Tick, tick, tick!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|130 g||salmon fillets||80 g||dried pasta||46 g||onions||116 g||mushrooms||6 g||olive oil||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||broccoli||0.5||chicken stock cube||1 tsp||dijon mustard||75 ml||boiling water||10 g||fresh dill||10 g||fresh parsley, chopped||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Slice your mushrooms and onions
- Take a piece of kitchen foil, place the salmon in the centre, top with the onion, dill.
- Season the salmon to taste before wrapping it into a little parcel and baking it for approx 8 minutes.
- Allow the salmon to rest while you prepare the remainder of the dish.
- Steam the broccoli to your liking and set it aside.
- Put a pan of boiling water onto the heat and cook the pasta for the manufacturers recommended time.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and put it on a medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes and add the chopped parsley.
- Combine the stock cube, boiled water and dijon mustard before pouring it into the mushroom pan.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for a couple of minutes to reduce and thicken slightly.
- Check your pasta and when it’s cooked, take the mushrooms off the heat, drain the pasta.
- Stir the sour cream into the mushrooms and add the pasta to the mushroom pan to coat with the sauce.
- Pop everything onto a plate and get ready for a taste sensation!
- For anyone following older BC plans, salmon has been used in place of chicken breast.
- For this recipe, the dried pasta variety I used was pappardelle.
- I prefer to use low salt stock cubes.