Pasta and me are buddies and I’m sure I can and will spend the rest of my days coming up with different ways to make the sauce.
It just depends what I have to hand and what I’m in the mood for!
A creamy mushroom sauce will have you using every piece of chicken and pasta to mop up the sauce like an obsession!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||95 g||courgette, cut into 5mm thick slices||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||80 g||dried pasta||6 g||olive oil||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||broccoli||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||10 g||fresh parsley, chopped||salt and pepper|
- Put a pan of boiling water onto the heat and cook the dried pasta according the the manufacterers recommendations.
- When cooked add a little cold water to stop it over cooking, drain and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli to your liking and set aside.
- Take a frying pan and put on a medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt to bring out their natural juices and allow them to soften for a few minutes.
- Then add the oil, chicken and courgette discs.
- Colour the chicken and pop a lid on to cook the chicken through.
- This should take a 3-5 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the garlic and stir the mixture to incorporate and soften the garlic.
- Take the chicken off the heat, stir through the reduced fat sour cream and the herbs.
- Add the pasta to the chicken pan and give everything a good stir before popping it onto a plate with the steamed broccoli.
- For this recipe, the dried pasta variety I’ve used is Rigatoni.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!