I’ve had some minute steaks in the fridge and I always flash fry them and have them in a sandwich. This time I wanted to do more with them and they were the perfect addition to this comfort food classic.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|1||beef stock cube|
|1 tsp||wholegrain mustard|
|300ml||creme fraiche, half fat|
|salt & pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Put a pan of boiling water onto the heat and cook the tagliatelle according to the manufacturers instructions – the pasta will cook in the time it takes to make the sauce!
- Cut the minute steaks into thin strips and set aside.
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat, cut the mushrooms in half and add them to the pan with a sprinkle of salt to draw out the natural moisture.
- As the mushrooms start to soften add 2-3 sprays of oil to the pan and add the steaks to stir fry.
- When the steak is almost cooked to your liking, sprinkle the stock cube into the pan and add the water.
- Stir to dissolve the stock cube and add the paprika and wholegrain mustard to the pan.
- When the water has reduced by half, add the creme fraiche to the pan and stir well to combine.
- Drain the cooked tagliatelle and add this to the pan and toss the tagliatelle to coat it in the creamy sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use any steak, but be sure to slice it into thin strips so that it cooks quickly.
- Feel free to swap the tagliatelle for any other dried pasta or rice.