I’ve had some minute steaks in the fridge and I always flash fry them and have them in a sandwich.
This time I wanted to do more with them and they were the perfect addition to this quick dish.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|200 g||minute steaks||150 g||dried tagliatelle||250 g||mushrooms||1||beef stock cube||spray oil||100 ml||water||1 tsp||wholegrain mustard||1 tsp||paprika||150 g||creme fraiche, half fat||salt & pepper|
- Put a pan of boiling water onto the heat and cook the tagliatelle according to the manufacturers instructions – the pasta will cook in the time it takes to make the sauce!
- Cut the minute steaks into thin strips and set aside.
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat, cut the mushrooms in half and add them to the pan with a sprinkle of salt to draw out the natural moisture.
- As the mushrooms start to soften add 2-3 sprays of oil to the pan and add the steaks to stir fry.
- When the steak is almost cooked to your liking, sprinkle the stock cube into the pan and add the water.
- Stir to dissolve the stock cube and add the paprika and wholegrain mustard to the pan.
- When the water has reduced by half, add the creme fraiche to the pan and stir well to combine.
- Drain the cooked tagliatelle and add this to the pan and toss the tagliatelle to coat it in the creamy sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use any steak, but be sure to slice it into thin strips so that it cooks quickly.
- Feel free to swap the tagliatelle for any other dried pasta or rice.