It’s not unusual to associate a creamy sauce with a rich dish, but this recipe is light, lean and easy to make.
There’s just enough sauce to add a luxurious feel to the dish without all the extra calories and fat.
This recipe has turned out to be a real crowd pleaser and it’s something we like to have again and again!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||68 g||leeks, cut into 5mm pieces||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||6 g||butter||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||0.5||chicken stock cube||75 ml||boiling water||149 g||green beans|
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and dry fry the mushrooms with a little salt to help some of the natural juices come out so that you don’t need to use any oil.
- Add the leeks and the butter and cook for a couple of minutes to soften the leeks.
- Add the chicken to the pan, cook each side for a couple of minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube into the boiling water and pour half of the stock into the pan.
- Cover with a lid and poach the chicken for a few minutes.
- Turn the chicken and add more stock if needed – you want there to be enough stock to mix with the sour cream at the end to make a sauce.
- Steam the green beans to your liking and set aside.
- Check the chicken again, if it’s cooked it will be firm to the touch.
- Remove the chicken, mushrooms and leeks from the pan and remove the pan from the heat.
- The bottom of the pan should have a little chicken stock remaining, so stir through the sour cream to make the sauce.
- Taste the sauce and check the seasoning.
- Add the green beans, leek and mushroom mixture and chicken to the plate, sprinkle the finely grated cheese over the chicken and drizzle the sauce over the chicken, this will melt the cheese.
- I like to use low salt stock cubes.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!