I’ve been making this creamy bean mash for years now when I’m short on time and want mash.
Delicious and something you can rustle up quickly!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|240 g||cannelloni beans (drained weight)||6 ml||olive oil||100 g||onion, sliced||75 g||creme fraiche, reduced fat||2 tbsp||water||salt & pepper|
- Place a medium frying pan onto the heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion to the pan and take a few minutes to soften them.
- Add the drained beans to the pan along with 2 tablespoons of water and cover with a lid.
- Reduce the heat so that the onions and beans can cook out and soften.
- After a few minutes remove the lid and add the creme fraiche to the pan and while you stir the creme fraiche in, start the mash the beans with the back of your wooden spoon.
- When the mash is thick and creamy, season to taste and serve.
- I always use white onions for this mash as red would look strange.
- Substitute onions for leeks for a subtle flavour change.
- Butterbeans works really well for this recipe too!