I love a salad that can be thrown together in a matter of minutes.
Tasty and healthy food doesn’t need to have you chained to the kitchen.
In a few minutes you can be eating this tasty salad!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|450 g||crab meat, tinned||30 g||mayonnaise, light||30 g||reduced fat sour cream||1 tsp||dijon mustard||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||30 g||parmesan cheese, freshly grated with a microplane grater||1||lemon, zest only||1||slice of bread , sourdough preferably||120 g||mixed salad leaves||spray olive oil||sea salt|
- Drain the crab meat in a colander and leave it for a few minutes while you make your dressing.
- Take a bowl and add the mayonnaise, reduced fat sour cream, grated parmesan, crushed garlic, grated lemon zest and dijon mustard.
- Give all of the ingredients a thorough mix before adding the crab meat and stirring well to coat all of the crab meat with the dressing.
- Put a medium frying pan onto a medium heat before adding 2-4 sprays of the spray oil.
- Cut the bread into cubes and add them to the frying pan.
- It won’t take long to brown so don’t wander off!
- Brown the sides before taking the pan off the heat.
- Arrange the salad onto a plate. Add the dressed crab along with the toasted croutons.
- And there you have it!
- I like to use Parmigiano Reggiano as it has a fuller flavour.
- To make my cheese go further I like to use a micro plane grater.
- Crab meat is delicate so I like to cut the mayonnaise with the reduced fat sour cream to give a lighter dressing.