There are days when you don’t want to be slaving around a hot stove, just let the oven do all the work for you!
This recipe delivers maximum flavour for minimal effort!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||95 g||chopped tomatoes||95 g||courgette, cut on the diagonal into slices||6 g||olive oil||1/2 tsp||dried oregano||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||30 ml||water||66 g||mozzarella||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||spring greens||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Put your tomatoes into a small bowl and add your sweet chilli sauce and season to taste.
- Give this a little mix and spoon a little tomato on the baking sheet to cover the area where you chicken will sit.
- Now place half of your courgette slices on the baking sheet on top of the tomato.
- Place the chicken on top of the courgette and top with the remaining tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle the oregano over the tomatoes and arrange the remaining courgettes on the top.
- Bake this in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Chop the spring greens into 1 inch size pieces and steam these for a few minutes to soften the stalk a little.
- When you’re happy that they’ve softened enough remove the spring greens from your steamer but take the water you need for the next part from your steaming liquor – when you steam vegetables, you get so much flavour in the water that it’s great to use in a stock.
- Put a frying pan onto the heat and add your olive oil.
- When this has warmed add the garlic being careful not to burn it as there’s nothing worse than the flavour of burnt garlic (turn the heat down if necessary) you’re looking to infuse the oil with the garlic.
- After a minute or so add the spring greens along with the water and a little seasoning.
- Cover the pan with a lid and turn up the heat for a couple of minutes.
- Then remove the lid and stir fry the greens until the liquid evaporates leaving you with lovely garlic infused greens.
- After 20 minutes check the chicken, it should be almost cooked (when it’s firm to the touch it’s cooked through) and top with the cheese.
- Pop it back in the oven to melt the cheese, this should take 10 or so minutes and will finish cooking the chicken.
- When you’re happy the chicken is ready, arrange it onto your plate with your spring greens and enjoy!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Traditionally in Italian cooking you would use the smallest pinch of sugar to take any acidity out of the tomatoes but for this recipe I am using the sweet chilli sauce to do that.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!