When making something for all the family, you have to make it simple. This Cod and Potato Stew Recipe ticked all the boxes for the family!
One pot cooking is something I rely on to save time and when making my cod and potato stew recipe, it took very little effort to make. It’s great for all the family, especially if your little ones are partial to fish fingers and chips – the same, but different!
This recipe is highly recommended by my 5 year old sons and is great for a main meal for 2 and an extra portion for another day!
Ingredients for 3 servings
|1 tin||chopped tomatoes|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1/2 tsp||smoked paprika|
|1/2 tsp||dried oregano|
|salt & pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Thinly slice the potatoes and add to a large pan or wok with the oil.
- Pop a lid on and leave to cook for approx 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the peppers and onion and add to the pan with crushed garlic before cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water, oregano and smoked paprika
- Stir before adding the cod fillets to the pan.
- Cover with a lid and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the fillets over and cook for a further 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Uncover, add the olives and leave to simmer to reduce the sauce.
- The cod fillets used were ones that can bee cooked from frozen so they were added to the pan frozen.
- Feel free to use what ever white firm fish you have available.