When I made cloud eggs recently, I wanted to give my husband a slightly different version of the dish because I’m not sure most guys would order cloud eggs given the choice.
Pair them with sausages, some toast and you’re onto a winner!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|112 g||chicken breast sausages||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||46 g||onions, diced||2||whole eggs||2||egg whites||2||slices of bread||1 tbsp||water||6 g||butter||25 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||spinach|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line 2 bakings sheet with non stick foil.
- Place your chicken breast sausages on one baking sheets and cook them according to the manufacturers instructions and then set them aside.
- Separate your egg whites from the yolks and set aside the yolks in a bowl for later.
- Combine all egg whites into a large bowl, and using either an electric or hand whisk, beat the eggs until they reach the stiff peak (like meringue) stage.
- Using a spoon create little meringue clouds on your lined baking sheets and create a little well in the centre for the yolks to sit in later.
- Repeat the last step until you have enough clouds for the number of egg yolks.
- Place these in the oven for approximately 4-5 minutes for them to firm up and start to change colour.
- When you’re happy that they’ve set remove the baking tray and carefully place an egg yolk in the centre of the cloud.
- Put the cloud eggs back into the oven until the yolks are cooked to your liking. Approx 3-4 minutes for soft yolks, 5-6 minutes for hard yolks.
- Put a frying pan onto the heat and when it is hot add the mushrooms and onion with a sprinkle of salt. This will help draw out their natural moisture so as to remove the need for oil.
- When the mushrooms and onion have softened, add the spinach to the pan with a tablespoon of water.
- Use a pair of tongs to move the spinach around the pan until it wilts and thoroughly incorporate the spinach with the other vegetables.
- Arrange the vegetables onto the plate along with the cooked chicken sausages.
- Toast your bread, spread with butter and arrange the slices onto the plate.
- When the cloud eggs are ready, remove these from the oven and carefully peel them away from the non stick foil before popping them onto a plate.
- Add a dash of sweet chilli sauce and enjoy!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Make sure the bowl you use to beat your egg whites is free from any grease as this will stop the egg whites reaching the required stiff peaks stage.
- Use the freshest eggs you can as you will get a better meringue.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- The cloud eggs in the picture were made from 1 whole egg and 1 egg white.
- For anyone following BC plans, you will notice that the accompanying video shows cheese being added to the cloud eggs. This hasn’t been included in the recipe as this goes against your plan guidelines.
- This recipe deserves good bread!
- For anyone following older BC plans and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.
Find me on: Web