When time is short and you’re tempted to order in, don’t!
Make this instead.
This delicious warm salad is ready in less than 15 minutes and so much better for your bank balance too!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|8||mini chorizo||100 g||cherry tomatoes||1.5||chilli||1||garlic clove||2 tbsp||balsamic vinegar||150 g||dried pasta||100 g||green beans, frozen||salt & pepper|
- Place a plan of boiling salted water onto the heat and cook your pasta according to the manufacturers instructions but a minute before the cooking time is due to end, add the frozen green beans to the pasta water.
- Take a large frying pan and put it onto a medium heat.
- When the pan is warm add the mini chorizo to the dry pan.
- After a few minutes the mini chorizo will release their oils so nows the time to chop the garlic and chilli before adding to the chorizo pan.
- Gently cook these for a few minutes before adding the balsamic vinegar to the pan.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar into the chorizo and you’ll see it starting to reduce and turn sticky.
- When the pasta and green beans are cooked, drain and add them to the chorizo pan.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters before adding these to the pan at the last moment and give everything a good stir.
- Add your warm salad onto a plate or just start eating from the pan!
- Unknowingly I bought last years must have ingredient, chorizo pigs in blankets (mini chorizo wrapped in bacon or pancetta) so feel free to use these if you have them.
- I like to use frozen green beans as they’re much cheaper than fresh, taste just as good and don’t need any prep.