Broccoli rice has revolutionised many a reduced carb recipe and in my opinion I much prefer the home made version instead of store bought dry vegetable bits!
Added to my steak it’s made quite the meal and it was made in super quick time!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|176 g||sirloin steak||1 tsp||chinese 5 spice seasoning||46 g||onions, chopped||52 g||peppers, sliced||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||0.5||lime, juice only||6 g||coconut oil||24 g||sesame seeds||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||broccoli made into broccoli rice||salt and pepper|
- Coat both sides of your steak with Chinese 5 spice seasoning and a little salt.
- Take your frying pan and put it on a high heat and sear both sides (no oil necessary).
- This is going to give your beef a lovely colour to both sides but not fully cook the meat, but it’s going to go through a 2 stage cooking process.
- Remove the beef from the pan, cut it roughly into large chunks and using half of the sweet chilli sauce, coat the pieces of beef.
- Put the pan back onto the heat and add the coconut oil.
- Add the beef and stir fry it to a minute to caramelise the outer and finish cooking it.
- Add the onions and peppers and stir fry for a minute before adding the chilli and garlic.
- For the final minute of cooking add the broccoli rice, then add the lime juice and chopped coriander before popping onto your plate.
- Add your sesame seeds and remaining sweet chilli sauce.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make broccoli rice
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Keep your steak lean by trimming all visible fat.
Find me on: Web