Some days you have time to spend ages in the kitchen lovingly preparing a meal, other days you’re short on time but still want something tasty, nutritious and quick!
This is a lovely quick recipe for you!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||46 g||onions, chopped||52 g||peppers, sliced||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||6 g||olive oil||1 tsp||smoked paprika||1 tsp||cayenne pepper||5 g||tomato ketchup||149 g||broccoli made into broccoli rice||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat, add your onion, peppers and chicken.
- Stir fry for a few minutes to start cooking the chicken before seasoning to taste.
- Add the garlic and chilli, mix and cover for a few minutes to cook the chicken through.
- Make the broccoli rice by putting it into a blender and processing it until it resembles rice and put a frying pan on a medium heat and dry fry it to warm through.
- When you’re happy the chicken is cooked, it will be firm to the touch, add the smoked paprika and cayenne pepper to season the mixture.
- Give everything a really good stir to coat all of the ingredients and add the ketchup.
- This is going to add a slight sweet and sour note to your chicken.
- When this is bubbling turn the heat off, add it to your plate with the broccoli rice, top with the grated cheddar and a dollop of reduced fat sour cream.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make broccoli rice!
Find me on: Web