The word salad can send some people running for the hills, but a salad can be a really interesting meal.
Are there rules as to what makes a salad? I don’t think so!
Anything goes but for this recipe I’ve gone for simple flavours with each element chosen to add something to this symphony of ingredients.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||95 g||tomatoes, cut into wedges||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||6 g||olive oil||1 tsp||dried oregano||1/2 tsp||smoked paprika||149 g||salad leaves||66 g||mozzarella, torn into medium pieces||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Cut the tomato into wedges and place into a bowl.
- Add the garlic, chopped spring onion, olive oil and half of the dried oregano.
- Give everything a good mix and set aside.
- Put your chicken in a tray to bake, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, smoked paprika, the remaining dried oregano and the sweet chilli sauce.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes or until cooked. The chicken will be firm to the touch when it is ready.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and set aside to rest.
- Arrange the salad leaves onto a plate. Add the tomatoes, arrange the torn mozzarella beside the tomato and pour the tomato juices over the mozzarella.
- The chicken once rested will be juicy, cut it into slices and add it to the plate and pour the chicken juices over the lettuce as a dressing.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For a salad I prefer to use buffalo mozzarella.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!