The word salad can send some people running for the hills, but a salad can be a really interesting meal. Are there rules as to what makes a salad? I don’t think so! Anything goes but for this recipe I’ve gone for simple flavours with each element chosen to add something to this symphony of ingredients.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed|
|95g||tomatoes, cut into wedges|
|46g||spring onion, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||dried oregano|
|1/2 tsp||smoked paprika|
|66g||mozzarella, torn into medium pieces|
|48ml||sweet chilli sauce|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Cut the tomato into wedges and place into a bowl.
- Add the garlic, chopped spring onion, olive oil and half of the dried oregano.
- Give everything a good mix and set aside.
- Put your chicken in a tray to bake, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, smoked paprika, the remaining dried oregano and the sweet chilli sauce.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes or until cooked. The chicken will be firm to the touch when it is ready.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and set aside to rest.
- Arrange the salad leaves onto a plate. Add the tomatoes, arrange the torn mozzarella beside the tomato and pour the tomato juices over the mozzarella.
- The chicken once rested will be juicy, cut it into slices and add it to the plate and pour the chicken juices over the lettuce as a dressing.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For a salad I prefer to use buffalo mozzarella.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!