If you were to look in my fridge, its not unusual for me to have some basic ingredients ready to go.
Eggs, veggies, salad leaves, grated cheddar and some left over chicken sausages.
This is a really quick dish to put together if you’re short on time!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast sausages||46 g||onions, chopped||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||52 g||peppers, cut into cubes||6 g||olive oil||2||eggs||25 g||cheddar cheese, grated||149 g||mixed salad leaves||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||salt and pepper|
- If your chicken sausages need cooking, pop these into a pan and set aside when cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and peppers to the pan along with a little seasoning to draw out their natural juices. This will save you adding oil at this stage.
- When the vegetables have softened set them aside for later.
- Beat the eggs together with the cheese and reduced fat sour cream.
- Add the oil to the pan and when warm pour in the egg mixture.
- Leave the eggs to set for a few minutes before flipping to set the second side.
- If you’re not confident to flip the egg pancake without it breaking, then pop it under the grill for a minute to set the egg.
- Add the egg pancake to your plate along with the mixed salad leaves.
- Arrange the softened vegetables on top of the mixed leaves with the chicken sausage.
- For an extra flourish I added a little sriracha hot sauce but this is totally optional.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, chicken breast can be swapped for lean chicken/turkey breast sausages, but reduce grams by 25%.
- I have used 2/3rds of my chicken sausage protein amount and 1/3rd of my egg from my proteins list, as well as egg and cheese from my additional fats list.
- For anyone following older BC plans, you will need to halve the amount of your cheddar and egg to be able to have both.
- Why not make another portion for another day.