There’s the perception that Indian recipes require lots of preparation and time to make and some do.
This recipe is quick to make and the finished dish is really lovely without having to resort to a takeaway!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, cut into fillet size pieces||365 g||new potatoes, boiled and cut in half||46 g||onions, chopped||52 g||peppers, sliced||6 g||olive oil||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1 inch||piece of ginger, grated||1/2 tsp||mustard seeds||1/2 tsp||cumin seeds||1/2 tsp||dried cumin||1/2 tsp||turmeric||25-50 ml||water||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||spinach||0.5||lemon, juice only||salt and pepper|
- Take a medium frying pan, add your oil and chopped onions.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat, until it starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and spices and cook for 1 minute before adding the chicken.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together and brown the chicken.
- When you feel the chicken is almost cooked, add the potatoes.
- Thoroughly coat the potatoes and chicken in the spices and continue to cook until the potatoes start to colour.
- If you feel the pan is a little dry add some of the water and stir.
- While the potatoes are colouring mix the chopped coriander with the reduced fat sour cream and set aside.
- When the potatoes are starting to colour, add the spinach and cover the frying pan to wilt the spinach.
- After the spinach has wilted combine all the ingredients and check the seasoning.
- Instead of adding salt to the pan, add lemon juice instead for a more authentic flavour.
- Pop everything onto your plate and top with your coriander and reduced fat sour cream dip.
- Ginger is easier to grate when it’s frozen.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!