Being from and Italian/Sicilian family, you think you know what pizza is. Then you start travelling and you try new variations. In Rome I tried a pizza without a tomato base (in bianco and it was really lovely) and in Washington we visited President Obamas favourite pizza pie restaurant. With this recipe I’ve used my tried and tested pizza sauce so it’s a familiar pizza flavour for me and very light.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks|
|2||large tortilla wraps|
|46g||spring onion, finely chopped|
|1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed|
|1 tsp||dried oregano|
|2 tsp||cajun seasoning|
|23ml||sweet chilli sauce|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- In a frying pan add half the oil and throw in the garlic.
- After a minute add the chopped tomatoes, the water, sweet chilli sauce and the dried oregano.
- Give everything a good mix and bring to a rapid boil, then simmer for a couple of minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Take another frying pan, add the other half of the oil and throw in the chicken.
- Sprinkle over the cajun seasoning and stir fry for a few minutes.
- When you feel the chicken is almost cooked, add the chopped spring onions and stir fry until the chicken is cooked. The chicken should be firm to the touch when cooked.
- Next add the spinach to wilt in the pan and season to taste.
- Take your tortilla, spread the sauce around the base as evenly as possible then top with the chicken and spinach mixture.
- Bake it in the oven for approx 10 minutes. The edges of the tortilla will brown slightly and the centre of the base will start to crispen.
- If it’s soggy, pop it back in the oven for a few minutes. Then go eat!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Traditionally in Italian cooking you would use the smallest pinch of sugar to take any acidity out of the tomatoes but for this recipe I am using the sweet chilli sauce to do that.