Many years ago I went out for dinner to a lovely little restaurant which ended up becoming a well known pizza restaurant chain and I remember ordering this starter.
At the time is was so different and I was keen to recreate the recipe so that I could impress friends from that night at my next dinner party.
It’s ridiculously simple to make, just you wait and see!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||46 g||onions, finely chopped||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||2||slices of bread||5 g||fresh parsley, chopped||2 tbsp||water||6 g||butter||0.5||lemon||149 g||salad leaves||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and when it’s warm add your chicken and pop a lid on.
- After a few minutes stir the chicken and you’ll notice that your chicken is starting to colour.
- When you feel the chicken is almost cooked add the mushrooms to the pan with a little sprinkle of salt. The salt will help draw out the mushrooms natural juices saving you adding oil at this point.
- Pop the lid back on and after a few minutes give everything a good stir.
- Check the chicken to see if it’s cooked. If it’s firm to the touch it’s cooked through but if it’s still a little soft let it cook for a few more minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked add the onion to the pan along with the butter, the juice of half a lemon and the water and let the onions to soften.
- After a few minutes the onions will be ready and the dish is almost ready!
- Toast your bread and set it aside on the plate along with the mixed salad leaves.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and stir in the reduced fat sour cream. If at this point you feel the mixture is a little dry add another tablespoon of water instead of adding any more reduced fat sour cream.
- Season to taste and spoon the creamy chicken and mushroom mixture over the toast.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and get ready to eat!
- For anyone following older BC plans and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!