For some reason I need spice on days that I train.
I know its good for the metabolism, but I love how my spice tolerance increases as I get deeper into my lean journey.
Soon I’m just going to present you with a bowl of chillies to munch through!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast, cut into thin strips||76 g||dried brown basmati rice||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||1 tsp||ground ginger||149 g||broccoli||2 tbsp||water||6 g||coconut oil||43 ml||soy sauce|
- Put the chicken into a bowl, add the soy sauce, the ground ginger, the chopped chilli and the garlic.
- Leave this to marinate for 10 or so minutes.
- Cook the rice according the the manufacturers instructions, drain and leave in the colander to get rid of any extra liquid.
- Steam the broccoli florets to your liking and set them aside.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and add the coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot add the chicken and all the marinade and stir fry for a few minutes.
- When you’re happy that the chicken is almost cooked add the vegetables including the broccoli stem chopped up (about the thickness of a £1 coin).
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water before popping the lid on to let the vegetables steam.
- When the vegetables have softened a little add the rice to the pan and thoroughly mix everything together and after a minute or so serve with the broccoli florets.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, soy sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- When I use broccoli in a stir fry, I like to steam the florets to serve on the side and I cut the stem up for the stir fry and the stem has lots of flavour!
- This recipe can also be made using ready cooked rice. Adjust the amount according to your dietary needs.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!