This is such a quick curry to make and has a surprising depth of flavour for something made in minutes.
You can make this as spicy or as tame as you like, it just depends on how much chilli and it’s seeds you use.
For a lean dish is has a lovely creamy rich texture and it has to be one of my favourite curry recipes so far!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||46 g||onions, chopped||95 g||chopped tomatoes, blended until smooth||3 tsp||garam masala||2 tsp||ground cumin||2 tsp||ground ginger||2||garlic cloves, chopped or crushed||1.5||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||1||chicken stock cube||6 g||coconut oil||24 g||cashews, lightly toasted||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||75 ml||water||149 g||broccoli made into broccoli rice|
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat with half of the coconut oil and fry the onion to soften.
- After a few minutes add 2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp ground cumin and 1 tsp ground ginger and fry off the spices for a minute or so.
- Next add the chicken pieces.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken in the onion and spice mix and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rest of the spices to the pan with the garlic and chilli, give everything a really good mix.
- Pop a lid on to cook for around 5 minutes to infuse the chicken.
- After 5 minutes, add the tomatoes, sprinkle the stock cube into the pan and add the water.
- Give everything a really good mix, cover and leave to cook for around 15 minutes at a simmer.
- After 15 minutes, check the pan to see it hasn’t lost all it’s liquid and if needed add a little water as you want there to be a bit of a sauce.
- Take a hand food processor and make the broccoli rice.
- Take another frying pan, put it on a high heat, add the remaining coconut oil and dry fry it for a minute or so.
- After the broccoli rice has warmed through it’s time to plate up.
- Take the chicken off the heat and stir through the reduced fat sour cream.
- Add the broccoli rice to the plate along side the chicken masala.
- Sprinkle the toasted cashews over your masala.
- Remember, the more chillies you add, the more of a kicker you’re gonna have!
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make broccoli rice.
- I like to use low salt stock cubes.
- Cauliflower rice is also a lovely accompaniment , but for anyone following older BC plans, you may occasionally have cauliflower in place of your green vegetables (gram for gram).
Find me on: Web