A transportable meal doesn’t have to be just a sandwich, overnight oats or a soggy salad.
This meal was really quick to put together and is really tasty hot or cold!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|chicken breast, cut into chunks
|reduced fat sour cream
|salt and pepper
- Peel and thinly slice the carrots before placing into boiling water. Slicing them thinly will help them to cook quickly.
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat and allow it to warm.
- When the pan is warm add the chicken pieces and leave to cook for a few minutes.
- Place another frying pan onto the heat and add the olive oil and onion.
- Allow the onion to soften for a few minutes before adding the spinach.
- Check the carrots and if these are cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove them from the saucepan, leaving the water ready for the egg.
- Add the egg to the water and cook them to your liking. Around 5-6 minutes for a medium egg soft boiled. When ready, remove from the water, peel and set aside.
- Check the chicken and using a fork turn the pieces over and add a little seasoning to taste.
- Give the onions and spinach a good stir and at this point add a little seasoning to taste along with the pinch of ground cumin.
- Using a potato masher, crush the carrots. They don’t need to be smooth, just lightly crushed before stirring through the reduced fat sour cream.
- Go back to the chicken and check that this is cooked through, it will be firm to the touch when ready.
- Add the chicken to your container along with the crushed carrot and then the spinach and onion mixture.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and remember to include your boiled egg.
- This is a great recipe that can be put together quickly and it doesn’t need reheating!
- Why not make another portion for another day.
- The addition of chilli flakes to the spinach would add a lovely warm note to your lunch.