It’s not unusual (I hear a song coming on!) for me to have cooked chicken sausages in the fridge.
But chicken sausages don’t just have to be a filling in a sandwich or baguette.
Having chicken sausages on hand makes this recipe even quicker if that’s possible!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|112 g||chicken breast sausage||3||whole eggs||3||egg whites||52 g||peppers, cut into strips||46 g||onions, chopped||1/2 tsp||ground ginger||0.5||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||76 g||dried egg noodles||6 g||olive oil||43 ml||soy sauce||149 g||broccoli||salt and pepper|
- Steam the broccoli to your liking and set it aside.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the manufacturers instructions and set them aside.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and add the oil.
- When the oil has warmed, add the peppers and onion.
- Stir fry until they have softened a little.
- Slice the cooked chicken sausages on the diagonal and add them to the pan and stir fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the noodles and broccoli to the pan, sprinkle the ground ginger over everything and pour in the soy sauce.
- Stir fry everything to throughly incorporate the ginger and soy sauce.
- Combine the eggs and egg whites and add them to the pan. Give the pan a little stir to incorporate the eggs and pop a lid on for a minute or two to set the eggs.
- When the eggs are cooked to your liking remove the pan from the heat and plate up, remembering to sprinkle the chilli slices for that little kick!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, soy sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- You could use straight to wok noodles to make this recipe even quicker, just adjust the amount according to your dietary needs.
- For anyone following older BC plans, sriracha sauce is a little extra flourish which is TOTALLY optional but it will add an extra dimension to the dish without throwing out your macros.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!