This is such a lovely simple stir fry and great for when you want that satay kick without too much effort!
Once you get into the stir fry rhythm you’ll be free-styling the vegetables and spices to suit what you have and your mood!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, cut into thin strips||95 g||babycorn, cut in half||52 g||peppers, sliced||24 g||nut butter||6 g||coconut oil||2-3 tbsp||water||1 tbsp||mild curry powder||43 ml||soy sauce||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||149 g||cauliflower, pre cooked, boiled or steamed||salt and pepper|
- Put the chicken slices into a bowl with the crushed garlic, soy sauce and leave to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Put a frying pan onto the heat and add the coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot add the chicken and any left over marinade and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the babycorn and peppers along with the curry powder and stir fry for a minute and allow them to soften.
- At this point the chicken should be almost cooked.
- To a bowl add the nut butter and water mix them together to create a loose sauce.
- It may look a little bitty at this stage but it will come together in the pan.
- Add the steamed cauliflower florets to the pan to warm through and add the nut butter mixture.
- Coat all the ingredients with the nut butter and any residual water will evaporate.
- Hey presto it’s ready!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, baby corn has been approved for used in place of carrots.
- For anyone following older BC plans baby corn has been approved for use in place of courgettes.
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, cauliflower is now part of the greens list.
- For anyone following older BC plans, you may occasionally have cauliflower in place of your green vegetables (gram for gram).
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!