Do you ever have one of those days when you know you want something, but you just don’t know what? This was one of those recipes.
I normally like to cook my aubergines low and slow, but popped under a high grill they were just want I wanted and made the perfect summers day dish.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, cut into fillet size pieces||95 g||tomatoes, sliced||95 g||aubergine||1/4 tsp||dried oregano||1/4 tsp||smoked paprika||66 g||mozzarella, sliced||6 g||olive oil||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||mixed salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Pre heat your grill to it’s highest setting and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Slice the aubergines on the diagonal to create large slices, approximately 5mm thick.
- Arrange the aubergine slices on your lined baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil.
- Grill on both sides until they have browned a little. This should take approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- When the aubergine slices are browned remove them from the grill and set aside.
- Place the chicken into a bowl, season to taste and add the oregano and smoked paprika along with any remaining oil.
- Give the chicken a thorough mix to coat them with the seasonings and arrange them on the same baking sheet used for the aubergines.
- Place the chicken under the grill until cooked through.
- Depending on the thickness of your chicken this may take 5-10 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked through (it will be firm to the touch), remove from the grill.
- Arrange the salad leaves onto your plate and it’s time to get stacking!.
- Start with an aubergine slice, then 2 slices of tomato, a piece of chicken and some mozzarella.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all of your ingredients.
- Drizzle your salad leaves with sweet chilli sauce and you’re ready to demolish the stack!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For a salad I prefer to use buffalo mozzarella.
- If the chicken is still on the thick side, slice it in half to give you thinner slices as they’ll cook quicker.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!