No-one wants to spend ages in the kitchen cooking a delicious meal, and this one pot wonder took me 10 minutes to prepare and the oven did all the hard work for me.
One pot cooking is something I love and you’ll be surprised at the flavours this recipe packs.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 4 servings
|chicken breast, 1 per person
|fresh basil leaves
|chickpeas, drained weight
|salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Arrange the sliced peppers, onion and chickpeas into the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Cut the new potatoes in half and arrange them on top of the vegetables.
- Season the potatoes with a little salt & pepper along with all of the lemon juice and half of the olive oil.
- Cut the remaining lemon into quarters and arrange them around the potatoes – this is to intensify the lemon flavour and not to be eaten.
- Lay 2 slices of prosciutto onto a chopping board, arrange 3 basil leaves in the centre before adding a chicken breast.
- Wrap the chicken in the prosciutto and place it on top of the potatoes.
- Repeat until you have used all of the chicken.
- Drizzle the chicken with the remaining oil and cover the ovenproof dish with foil before placing in the oven.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through. This should take approximately 35-40 minutes.
- When the chicken is ready, remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate, cover with foil and a tea towel to rest while the potatoes finish cooking – don’t worry, the chicken won’t go cold!
- Place the uncovered potatoes into the oven until they are cooked through and golden. This will take approximately 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, trim and steam the green beans to your liking and set aside.
- When the potatoes are ready, add a chicken breast to your plate. It’s had time to rest so it’s lovely and succulent.
- Add some potatoes and veggies before finishing with green beans. Remember not to eat the lemon pieces!
- Resting the chicken while finishing the potatoes will allow it to stay moist. Covering it with foil and a tea towel will be enough to stop it from getting cold.
- Prepare this the night before you intend to eat it and you’ll only have to place it in the oven to cook!