Turkey isn’t just for Christmas and doesn’t have to be boring.
Smother it in cheese and devour it instead!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|253 g||turkey thigh mince||58 g||mushrooms, sliced||23 g||onions, sliced||52 g||peppers, sliced||6 g||olive oil||51 g||Thai green curry paste||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||149 g||broccoli||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Place your turkey mince into a bowl along with half of the Thai curry paste.
- Either with your hands or a fork, mix the paste in to the mince before forming a large burger pattie – I want to keep it large because turkey is very lean and a thin burger could be on the dry side.
- Place it on the baking sheet and bake it for approximately 15 minutes before checking it.
- After 15 minutes carefully press the burger pattie with a knife, if it’s almost firm to the touch it’s almost ready, so cover it in the cheddar and bake it until it’s melted and started to go golden brown.
- Take a frying pan and add your oil.
- When the oil has warmed add your onions, peppers and mushrooms and stir fry them for a few minutes to soften them.
- Add the remaining Thai curry paste with a splash of water and stir fry until the vegetables have taken on the paste and started to colour.
- Steam the greens to your liking and check on the burger pattie.
- If you’re happy that the burger is cooked through and the cheese has melted, start to plate up.
- When you take your burger pattie off your baking sheet, remember to scoop up any crispy cheesy bits as they’ll be delicious!
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, use lean turkey or chicken breast mince.
- For anyone following older BC plans, make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- If you don’t have Thai green curry paste, you can use red if that’s what you have.
- I kept my pattie large because turkey is very lean and a thin burger could be on the dry side.
- For anyone following older BC plans you’ll notice that this recipe features 3 items from the vegetable list, therefore amounts of 2 have been halved so as not to affect the macros.