Call it an omelette or a frittata, beaten eggs cooked with cheese and vegetables says breakfast to me so what’s not to like? How do you like your eggs in the morning?
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|3||whole eggs||46 g||onions, chopped||52 g||peppers, cut into cubes||6 g||olive oil||45 g||mozzarella, torn into medium pieces||149 g||spinach||10 g||fresh parsley, chopped||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||15 g||tomato ketchup||salt and pepper|
- Preheat your grill to its hottest setting.
- Take a frying pan and put on a medium heat.
- Add the oil, peppers and onion.
- Stir fry for a few minutes to soften them before adding the spinach to wilt.
- In a bowl, put the whole eggs, egg whites, chopped parsley & coriander, salt & pepper and beat them together until combined.
- Add them to the pan of vegetables.
- The egg will start to set and of course it’s way too messy to flip the frittata, so pop the pan under the grill to cook and colour the top. Be sure to have the handle out of the heat, you don’t want it to melt.
- After a few minutes the frittata will be ready, remove it from the grill and pop it on a plate with a smidge of ketchup.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!