I’m on a mission to have 2 portions of fish a week and there are many health benefits if you can manage this.
The one I’m really drawn to is that I’m not likely to turn into a chicken!
I don’t normally like to pair fish with cheese but this was just lovely.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|196 g||salmon fillet||95 g||courgette||46 g||onion||52 g||peppers||6 g||olive oil||149 g||spinach||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||46 ml||reduced fat sour cream||salt and pepper|
- Pre heat your grill to its highest setting.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat with your oil and cook the salmon on both sides until cooked to your liking.
- This should only take a few minutes on each side, then set aside.
- Roughly chop the courgette, onion and peppers before adding them to the frying pan to soften with a little seasoning.
- When the vegetables have started to soften add the spinach to the pan to wilt.
- Stir the reduced fat sour cream into the vegetables and add a little black pepper before transferring the vegetables to an oven proof dish.
- Top the vegetables with the cooked salmon and top with the grated cheese.
- Place under the grill until the cheese is golden brown.
- Carefully remove the oven proof dish from the grill and set upon another plate.
- Time to eat!
- I like to use frozen boneless and skinless salmon fillets. It’s really economical especially if you’re trying to have several portions a week.
- This recipe would also be lovely with cod or other white fish.
- Why not batch cook this dish for another day.