Have you noticed that most fast food burgers are on the thin side? Here’s my take on fast food that you won’t find at the drive through, a lean burger!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|176 g||turkey thigh mince||46 g||onions, cut into rings||116 g||mushrooms||6 g||olive oil||1 tsp||smoked paprika||4||pickled jalepeno slices||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||broccoli||salt and pepper|
- Steam the broccoli to your liking and set it aside.
- Take a frying pan and pop it onto the heat, along with the onion and mushrooms.
- Add a little sprinkle of salt to the mushroom and cover with a lid.
- The salt will help draw out the mushrooms natural juices to help it cook without the need for oil, and the onion will start to cook with the help of the steam from the mushrooms.
- Turn the mushrooms a couple of times and remove the onion from the pan when it has softened.
- When the mushrooms have softened, remove them from the pan.
- Put the mince into a bowl, season to taste and add the smoked paprika.
- Give the mince a good mix with your hands and with damp hands shape the mince into very thin burger patties.
- Pop these in the same frying pan you used earlier along with the oil and cook them on both sides for a few minutes – being very thin they won’t take much time.
- When you’re happy the burgers are cooked, pop the jalapeño slices on top along with the grated cheese.
- Cover the pan with a lid for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve the burger thins on the large mushrooms and top with the onions.
- Remember to serve the steamed broccoli and a dollop of sweet chilli sauce.
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, use lean turkey or chicken breast mince.
- For anyone following older BC plans, make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- This recipe is also lovely with beef mince.
- The pickled jalapeno slices I use contain no added sugar.
- For this recipe I used mini portobello mushrooms.
- Batch prepare the patties and freeze other portions for another day.