I have to admit to being a fan of a chicken Kiev and this cheese stuffed recipe is simple to make and very satisfying.
Don’t be fooled by the title of this recipe, it’s simple but extremely moorish!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||46 g||onions, chopped||66 g||mozzarella, torn into medium pieces||6 g||olive oil||10 g||fresh parsley, chopped||1/2 tsp||dried oregano||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||greens beans||salt and pepper||cocktail sticks|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Butterfly and flatten the chicken breast into an escallope with a meat tenderiser/rolling pin/something heavy.
- Scatter the garlic slices into the centre with a little salt and the oregano, then arrange half of the mozzarella on top in such a way that you can roll the chicken.
- Roll the chicken and secure the edges with cocktail sticks to stop the cheese from escaping, but keep a note of the number of cocktail sticks you use.
- Place the chicken onto the baking sheet and arrange the remainder of mozzarella on the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Steam your green beans to your liking and set aside.
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat and add the oil along with the chopped onion.
- After a few minutes the onion will have softened, add the mushrooms with a sprinkling of salt.
- Cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms and onion turn sticky and add the reduced fat sour cream.
- Give the mushrooms and onion a good mix and add the chopped parsley. You don’t want to cook the sauce for long as it will reduce, you just want to warm it through before serving.
- Check the chicken after approx 20 minutes, the chicken will be firm to the touch when cooked, and if you’re happy the chicken is cooked through remove it from the oven and remove all the cocktails sticks.
- Start to plate up the chicken with the mushroom and onion sauce and the steamed green beans.
- For anyone following BC plans, you may be tempted to use the greek yogurt to make a sauce for the mushrooms, the heat will split the yogurt and it’s not that great, believe me. Those veggies went in the bin!