When it comes to sandwiches, a chicken sandwich has to be one of my favourites.
It’s easy to take a sandwich for granted, but if you choose your bread and filling wisely there’s no reason it shouldn’t be savoured as much as a really good steak.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||23 g||spring onion, finely chopped||58 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||7 inch||piece of baguette||1 tsp||cajun seasoning||6 g||olive oil||25 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||lettuce leaves||salt and pepper|
- Take a medium frying pan and put it onto a medium heat to warm.
- Sprinkle the cajun seasoning onto both sides of the chicken before adding it to the frying pan along with the oil.
- When both sides have browned, pop a lid on to help the chicken breast to cook through.
- Check the chicken after a few minutes, and when it is firm to the touch it is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan to rest while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cut the baguette in half, dab a little of the sweet chilli sauce on the base before topping with the chopped spring onion and lettuce leaves.
- Place the rested chicken breast onto a chopping board and using a sharp knife cut it into slices.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the lettuce, arrange the cherry tomatoes on top of the chicken and dab the tomatoes with the remaining sweet chilli sauce.
- Put the sandwich lid on top and take a big bite!!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- I like to use a part baked ciabatta for that just cooked crunch to the bread.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!